Strategic Transport Manager - Nationwide remit
Strategic Transport Manager, Harlow
We’re one of the most experienced providers of clinical homecare in the UK, and we’ve been supporting patients in this way since 1975.
LloydsPharmacy Clinical Homecare provides care to more than 36,000 patients in their own home – ranging from straightforward delivery of medication to specialist nursing for complex conditions. We’re passionate about what we do and the difference we make to our patients lives. It’s this dedication that ensures we constantly deliver outstanding levels of care to our patients.
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for a Strategic Transport Manager to join the transport team in Harlow. The role has a nationwide remit however the person will be required to be based from Harlow, therefore you must check that you live in a commutable distance. This is newly created role which has been created to lead, motivate, engage and develop the Transport Operations, Planning and Administration Team based across Harlow, Bristol and Trunking Operations; with the goal of the Transport function becoming market leading.
As the Strategic Transport Manager you will be responsible for developing and driving the strategy to expand the Transport network. You will be responsible for 80+ FTE and a cost of service budget in excess of £500m.
Our preferred candidate will have experience of multi-drop Home Delivery transport operations or alternatively, Pharmaceutical delivery experience. Unfortunately we cannot progress applications from candidates without one of these.
It’s an exciting time to join both the transport team, and Lloyds Pharmacy Clinical Homecare, as we begin a number of modernisation and transformation programs. You will act as Project Owner for a large proportion of these programs. Due to this, we would like you to have experience of managing and implementing change. One of the key exciting projects is our transformation to EPOD, experience in this area would be desirable.
• Very Competitive basic salary
• Car or car allowance
• Company pension plan
• Heavily discounted healthcare insurance
• Childcare vouchers
• 25 days annual leave (plus statutory holidays)
• Proven experience of working within a Distribution function at a senior level.
• Strong interpersonal skills and can demonstrate engagement and relationship building at a senior level.
• Ability to think strategically and to translate strategy into objectives, targets and implementing into operational plans.
• Proven experience of managing implementing transformational projects within a distribution function.
• Experience of leading a successful national distribution team is essential.
• The post holder must be technically sound and well versed in management practices/people skills.
• The post-holder must be able to identify, assess, balance and proactively manage risks arising from any conflicts between commercial pressures and regulatory requirements.