Rolls-Royce is seeking Strategic Buyers to join their Purchasing teams within Civil Aerospace. We are looking for individuals with demonstrable experience planning and leading negotiations as well as providing excellent supplier relationship management to join the team. Could this be that rewarding next step in your career?
Our Purchasing operations are truly global - spanning a broad range of products and industries. Here you'll work with highly collaborative international teams which develop informed strategies to deliver world-class supply chain solutions. We take pride in the way we operate and constantly seek to improve the tools and processes we use to eliminate waste, develop innovative new technologies and reduce costs across product lifecycles - all of which is vital to our future success.
Here you'll join a function that selects and manages a complex and highly-varied global supply chain. You'll work to engage talented people at all levels both internally and externally, to add value for our customers, our suppliers and the business. You'll build a diverse network of contacts - making this a great place to develop your skills and experience.
As a Strategic Buyer your main responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement global external supplier and commodity strategies which will drive sustainable improvements in quality, cost and delivery.
- Engage and support key internal stakeholders to enhance competitive and commercial performance.
- Lead negotiations of long-term supply contracts for a designated range of parts or materials.
- Lead and coordinate supplier relationships and strategies within the external supply chain.
- Drive improvements in annual total costs for specific commodities and products.
We are looking for candidates who have a passion for purchasing, are comfortable dealing with ambiguity and have a drive to deliver the best commercial results for the company.
Ideally you should have:
- The ability to think strategically, delivering cost, quality and operational performance with a proven track record.
- Relevant and demonstrable experience in a similar role taking the lead with suppliers to negotiate contracts for products.
- Strong commercial acumen with contract law knowledge is advantage.
- Exceptional communication skills and an ability to work with stakeholders at all levels.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and will either be qualified or working towards MCIPS or alternatively have industry based experience.
- A global outlook and be a motivated team player.
A career in Civil Aerospace Purchasing offers a highly challenging and rewarding global opportunity.
At Rolls-Royce, we focus on the future in every sense. We continually break new ground with integrated power solutions that are technologically advanced and create better power for a changing world.
Create an enduring network. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.