It’s an exciting time to be in Procurement at New Look! Our business is growing into a truly international omnichannel retailer and Procurement are right there working with the business to ensure we get the best ‘bang for our buck’ across the whole range of goods and services.
In this role you’ll partner with our Property and Retail divisions, taking ownership for the strategy and execution of procurement projects across such areas as store development, point of sale hardware, lighting, store supplies among others, and you’ll work closely with our China-based team to ensure we leverage our global scale to get the best value for all of our business units.
We’re a flexible, fast-paced, pragmatic and proactive team who love what we do and have a ‘can do’ attitude. If you’re an enthusiastic, energised and ambitious procurement professional who wants to add real value, get real recognition and have a great time then you’ll fit right in.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Support stakeholder commercial objectives, deliver savings targets and service improvement expectations
- Support and promote purchasing best practice across the Group
- Lead key negotiations with suppliers and take commercial ownership
- Management and development of supply base, spend and contract database to develop Strategic Category plans aligned to your stakeholders and business objectives
- Development of supply base to ensure New Look’s commitment to ethical and socially responsible trading objectives are met
- Agree the sourcing approach, provide market analysis and develop specifications for each project, working with internal stakeholders
- Promote and deliver international sourcing solutions across the Group to exploit synergies
- Support the development of Contracts, Service Level Agreements and work with Legal and Governance Teams to maintain the Contracts database
- Monitor Contract compliance by performance tracking against key performance indicators
- Manage on-going supplier relationships and deliver SRM
- Lead implementation and ensure stakeholder and commercial objectives are realised
- Lead the use of Iasta (e-procurement tool) to deliver increased value
- Managing RFI/RFP Process evaluating competitive offerings from suppliers and presenting recommendations
- Lead contract negotiations and vendor selection through the bid process to establish commercial terms within the overall contract through to contract approval and execution
What will you need?
- Significant procurement experience, preferably in a retail property category role
- An understanding of the retail property supply chain environment
- Demonstrable knowledge of procurement in Property Construction, Shop-fitting, Main contractor works , Facilities and associated Services suppliers and market.
- Ability to hit the ground running, engage with Stakeholders
- Understanding of Procurement process and systems
- CIPS qualified or working towards it
- PC skills including Excel & Powerpoint and Word
- Proven ability to multitask & react to fast turnarounds in reactive situations
- Project management skills
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills
- Contract Drafting and negotiation
- Ability to quickly develop commercial understanding
- Ability to develop negotiation skills
- Proven ability to build key internal and external relationships
- Good leadership skills
New Look welcomes applications from people looking to work on a flexible basis for this role - consideration will be given to how we can make this work for you and the business.