Procurement & Stock Manager
About British Hardwood Tree Nursery Ltd
For over 25 years, we have secured our place as one of the UK’s leading tree and hedging suppliers from our central base in Lincolnshire. Supplying over a million plants nationwide every year, we provide bare root trees, shrubs and hedgerow plants to farmers, landowners and forestry companies across the UK. And as an official distributor of Tubex plant protection products, we help customers defend their investment with industry-leading protection.
About the role
As procurement & stock manager, you'll be responsible for all buying across the company. In a fast-paced environment, you will analyse and act upon the needs of our customers quickly & efficiently. Liaising with over a dozen suppliers on a regular basis, you will need to be proficient and proactive. An analytical nature and the ability to interpret data concisely will help you make informed decisions with forecasting and reactive purchasing decisions.
Whilst the industry may be new to you, it is important that you have experience in a similar capacity and have the ability to:
• Interpret data from our stock management software concisely; examine requirements and analyse trends.
• Work with the sales team to ascertain timings & advise on availability and lead times.
• Prepare analysis documents & convey rationale behind suggested purchases.
• Accurately outline purchasing requirements to suppliers and maintain dialogue with them to aid decision making.
• Take responsibility for all stock on site and work with staff members to ensure that goods are booked in accurately and product storage and labelling is carefully managed and monitored.
• Produce ad-hoc purchasing reports when requested.
You'll need to be numerically strong and have a high level of competency with Microsoft Excel. Attention to detail is a must as part of this role, along with the need to work closely with team members.
To apply for this role, please apply via e-mail to Mr. N. Hopper with a covering letter or contact the office on 01673 818443.
Apply for Procurement & Stock Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly