Senior Project Procurement Manager
This is a hands on lead role focusing on a particular project from start to finish for a total of 18 months. Working as part of a busy procurement team , you must be hands on and able to deliver towards tight deadlines whilst keeping in line with OJEU regulations and of course being commercial with your direction of the project.
Key Skills required for the role:
- Excellent knowledge of EU Procurement Regulations and Public Contracts.
- Good experience of successfully conducting a range of dialogues / negotiations. Knows how to adapt/flex tactics during a negotiation.
- MCIPS qualified or relevant equivalent supply-chain experience/ qualification
- Project Management qualification, e.g. PRINCE2, APM or similar.
- Sound understanding of good practice across full procurement cycle in both theory and practice.
- Demonstrable experience of working across departmental &/or organisational boundaries in leading strategic sourcing project.
- Experience and passion of supporting change in a corporate environment and with individuals. Including knowledge of how to pass on procurement know-how to teams from a non-procurement background.
- Recognise and understand the role of e-sourcing tools in supporting an efficient approach to managing the sourcing process with experience using the Bravo e-procurement tool.
- Highly developed influencing and persuading skills supported through good communication skills internally and externally.
- Proactive, high levels of initiative and the confidence to act.
- Experience in preparing reports to senior management highlighting options and recommendations.
- Effective stakeholder manager to ensure that project awareness and support is maintained.
- A pragmatic, customer centric and commercial point of view
- Demonstrate a Continuous Improvement mind-set
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.