Morgan Hunt are proud to be support a well-regarded not for profit organisation in central Bath with the appointment of a Contracts Manager for a period of 12 months on a fixed term contract basis due to an increased workload. Working as part of an already established team you will be responsible for developing procurement project plans, exploring new opportunities for cost savings and efficiencies, and ensuring that target savings are realised within a broad but defined commodity portfolio.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyse supply markets, prepare and evaluate tenders and quotations, and compose and award contracts in compliance with relevant Public Procurement legislation and Financial Regulations, to ensure value for money.
- Liaising with end-users and suppliers to ensure that all contract queries are fully addressed with the aim of achieving full contract compliance. This might involve, but is not limited to; regular contract reviews meetings, user/focus group meetings, written buyer's guides, attending management planning meetings, managing web pages etc.
- Measure, manage and develop the performance of suppliers throughout the contracted period of supply.
- Request and analyse purchasing data to improve contracts with suppliers and service to end users.
- Make full use of the available e-procurement related technologies at all stages of the procurement process, for example e-tendering, e-marketplace, P2P systems, development and management of e-catalogues etc.
- Wherever possible to promote and adopt the principles of 'sustainable procurement'.
- To self-manage your workload having agreed the objectives and activities with the Head of Procurement.
In order to be considered for this position you will ideally be CIPS qualified or work towards qualification and demonstrate a strong background in tendering, letting, managing and measuring contracts across a broad spectrum of products and services.
For immediate consideration apply now.
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Contracts Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly