Senior procurement/category Professional
A forward-thinking housing origination are looking for a driven procurement/category professional to lead on multiple categories to develop and deliver value for money and achieve the highest strategic aims.
Key skills & responsibility
- To support the Head of Procurement to create organisational excellence in procurement and purchasing.
- To develop and lead a specific strategic sourcing programme for defined categories, taking the lead on specific/allocated portfolio of sourcing categories, and contributing significantly to the delivery of allocated procurement projects within key markets.
- To ensure contract compliance, pursuing procurement excellence through the implementation of efficient and effective procurement projects within key markets.
- To meet customer requirements by demonstrating best value for money and excellent customer service, through compliance with category priorities and contracts, and by actively managing the market place through development of key strategies for supplier and contract management.
- Senior level stakeholder engagement to support and drive the strategic direction of the organisation.
- To develop, motivate and manage the Category Specialists across a diverse spend portfolio, in accordance with agreed strategies and processes
Experience and Qualifications.
- Senior specialist commercial / industry experience in purchasing and supply in a senior management role.
- Significant experience & understanding and application of Strategic sourcing methodologies.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or appropriate professional institute or relevant experience.
- Masters or degree level qualification plus senior specialist procurement knowledge and experience.
- Significant and advanced procurement knowledge comprising: advanced negotiation skills, knowledge of strategic sourcing methodologies, knowledge of supply chain theory, persuading and influencing and interpersonal skills, contract law and dispute resolution, statistical and data analysis skills, knowledge of market areas related to specific work categories, finance and leasing knowledge, business development and marketing plans, business accounting.
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Senior procurement/category Professional
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly