Procurement Manager - £56k
Our client is a leading Public Sector organisation who will be going through a transformation programme to facilitate a large growth of capital spend over the next few years.
As part of the transformation, our client is looking for a new Procurement Manager to assist the Head of Procurement to implement change to make Procurement a 'best-in-class' function.
This role has tangible progression to a Head of Procurement role after c5 years and also gives the opportunity to build a team beneath you as the function matures.
Currently the function has a total annul spend in excess of £200M on a reactive / tactical basis and as such, there is a large opportunity for process change / tangible savings throughout the duration of the transformation that will allow you to fast-track your career and add a fantastic change programme to your CV.
To be considered for this excellent opportunity you must have the following experience:
- 4+ years of Procurement experience
- Experience with working in a Category /Portfolio lead procurement function
- Experience within FM, Construction, Property, Housing or Estates Category
- Experience working in a Strategic methodology
- Demonstrable previous leadership experience (not necessarily with direct reports)
- Demonstrable previous experience in implementing change or developing new processes
- Public sector regulations knowledge and full OJEU tendering experience
In addition to these, the following desired traits would also work to your favour:
- CIPS or MCIPS Qualified
- University Educated
- Experience working within Social Housing (within a Local Authority or Housing Association etc)
- Experience across a range of public sector organisations (i.e. not pedigree experience with only one type of organisation)
- Experience working with a Private Sector organisation
Should you be interested in this opportunity, and wish to find out more, please contact Geoffrey Reading of 1st Executive on (+44 1483) 212 198 or Geoffrey.Reading@1st-Exexcutive.com . Alternatively, you can apply now.