Procurement Manager Indirect Services
Procurement Manager – Indirect Services
Location: Dusseldorf, Germany (Option for 2-3 days home working)
Salary: €75,000 - €80,000 plus car allowance, bonus and benefits
Candidates must speak fluent English and German to be considered
This is an exciting opportunity to join a global FMCG organization within their Indirect Services team. You will be the commercial relationship lead in Germany, Poland and the Netherlands. Focus will be on driving value and performance from new and existing suppliers, with constant attention to strategic goals. The scope of the role is broad, combining a best practice approach to category management with an entrepreneurial approach to working with and influencing key stakeholders across the business.
In addition to market responsibility, the role will also include taking a European lead on key categories, in turn working with the wider Services team to implement in other markets.
Candidates should have previous experience of Indirect Spend purchasing gained within a professional environment on a European scale and speak fluent German and English with the ability to travel European wide.
• Manage existing service deals, with focus on continuous improvement and development of long term category strategies.
• Review of opportunity analysis, using stakeholder feedback and robust benefit calculation for prioritising new and existing project delivery.
• Analysis of spend to allow more effective spend, with clear focus on total cost of ownership, quality & service.
• Continuous improvement and uptake strategies with all suppliers, leading quarterly reviews with clear targets and KPIs
• Development of reporting tools, allowing for gap and spend analysis, performance measurement, etc.
• Collaborate at a regional and global level on opportunities to leverage scale.
• Continuous monitoring of wider market trends to innovate, promote best practice and ensure commercial advantage.
Qualifications, skills and knowledge:
• Graduate with CIPS or studying for CIPS (MCIPS Qualification would be beneficial)
• Indirect Spend purchasing experience gained within a professional environment
• Good understanding and appreciation of professional procurement with a focus on supplier relationship management
• It is essential this individual speaks fluent German and English
• Experience of negotiating and managing service contracts
• Previous experience of analysing and using data to drive supplier facing projects
• Experience of working cross-functionally to deliver improvement projects on-time and within budget (desirable, but not essential)
• Initiative: hands-on approach with the ability to think laterally to resolve issues/problems