Head of Procurement - £75k
Our client is a leading Public Sector organisation who will be going through a transformation programme to facilitate a large growth of capital spend over the next few years.
As part of the transformation, our client is looking for a new Head of Procurement to implement change, develop the function to a strategic focus and to develop the team - both in terms of head count and in terms of up-skilling the function.
This role has tangible progression to a Directorship level role within c5 years dependent on how quickly the function matures and how successful you are in the role.
Currently the function has a total annul spend in excess of £200M on a reactive / tactical basis and as such, there is a large opportunity for process change / tangible savings throughout the duration of the transformation that will allow you get hands on and give genuine opportunity to change and develop the function however you see most effective.
To be considered for this excellent opportunity you must have the following experience:
- 8+ years of Procurement experience
- 3+ years of direct reports experience - at least numbering 4
- Experience with developing and creating procurement strategy, ideally function-wide
- Experience with change environments and bus change
- Experience with working in a Category /Portfolio lead procurement function
- Experience within FM, Construction, Property, Housing or Estates Category
- Demonstrable previous experience in implementing change
- Demonstrable 'Value for Money' having achieved either significant saving or adding value successfully in the past
- Public sector regulations knowledge and full OJEU tendering experience
- CIPS or MCIPS qualified
In addition to these, the following desired traits would also work to your favour:
- University Educated
- Experience working within Social Housing (within a Local Authority or Housing Association etc)
- Experience across a range of public sector organisations (i.e. not pedigree experience with only one type of organisation)
- Experience working with a Private Sector organisation
Should you be interested in this opportunity, and wish to find out more, please contact Geoffrey Reading of 1st Executive on (+44 1483) 212 198 or Geoffrey.Reading@1st-Executive.com . Alternatively, you can apply now.
Apply for Head of Procurement - £75k
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly