Quality Assurance Manager
NEW Quality Managers Role - 35-40k - Immediate start.
My client is a privately owned business based in Northamptonshire Established by a management team with a wealth of chemical and cleaning experience, the company has grown rapidly and now has a customer base which includes many well known brands and retailers.
Innovation is a key philosophy for my client to ensure they stay ahead of the competition which is why this newly crested role is of such importance to the business.
The purpose of the role is to manage the Quality functions across the site. Provide support to production operations in all aspects of Quality, Safety and GMP activities: to initiate and manage the resolution of quality issues and material rejections with customers and suppliers. Further, the role is to ensure that production and products comply with specifications and meet customer expectations. Essential aspects of this role are;
* To manage the development and continuously improve the company's QMS, with the target of maintaining accreditation to standards, including Medical Devices (ISO 13485), Cosmetics GMP (ISO 22716), BRC and ISO 9001.
* To maintain close working relationships with production and technical personnel to enable effective, timely resolutions of quality issues and promote continual improvements.
Areas of Responsibility
* To monitor and improve the quality of manufactured finished goods.
* To assist the factory in adhering to GMP that conforms to accredited standards, and to audit compliance. Right first time approach.
* To manage product specifications including set-up of new products and changes to existing products, and maintenance of records.
* Resolution of complaints via an effective CAPA system and reporting on its efficiency, including introducing processes to ensure improvement and reduction in complaint levels.
* To assist procurement/supply chain in ensuring that suppliers provide raw materials and components that meet the required standards.
* To support Sales in providing appropriate quality information, managing customer audits and assisting with other customer visits
* To manage a process for retained product samples and production records accordance with company and customer expectations and ISO standards.
* To run Management review meetings, ensuring buy-in from senior management.
* To assist in putting Continuous Improvement strategies into place.
* Manage that training plans are in place and monitored. Identify areas for improvement
That all products manufactured are made to specification.
Good manufacturing practices and the quality management system.
Resolution and prevention of quality issues
Maintaining of all company accreditation.
Management of a small team.
Ownership of training and ensuring compliance.
Key requirements for the role
Proven experience in working in a Quality and Safety management role in manufacturing.
Experience of managing and retaining of all company accreditations through successful audits.
Occupational Health and Safety qualification, preferably NEEBOSH certified.
Ability to communicate effectively and to a high level, both orally and in writing, having a personable nature with effective and clear communication skills.
Influential and collaborative where needed to ensure that common goals are achieved, and that resources are used with effectiveness.
Manage by example, creating a team ethic and culture that allows empowerment.
The ability to adapt their ideas and approach to suit changing priorities or solutions.
Drive and determination in assisting the continual business improvement and growth.
* 23 days holiday + statutory
* Monday to Friday role
* Free parking on site
Apply for Quality Assurance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly