Interim EUCS Legacy Applications Remediation Technical Lead
We have a Public Sector client based in London looking for an Interim EUCS Legacy Applications Remediation Technical Lead on a contract that will run for 5 months (until the end of September). This role has been deemed outside IR35 and the maximum rate on offer is £500 per day.
Within Ministry of Justice, the Digital and Technology Department, is responsible for delivering IT solutions and products to the MoJ estate and related businesses. EUCS Futures is part of the MoJ’s Technology Transition Programme (TTP, formerly FITS) and is responsible for the provision of new collaborative cloud based technology solutions for up to 37,000 users. This will include the roll out of Office 365, SharePoint and upgraded versions of Windows. The MoJ is responsible for delivering IT solutions and products to the MoJ estate and related businesses. Locally developed applications (such as Excel files with complex Macros and access databases) across the estate will need to be made ready for the new solution and in several cases, they will require remediation. This role will focus on Personal Productivity Applications (PPA) that the MoJ business units have developed locally reporting into the application readiness work stream lead. This is a hands-on role where the technical lead will be expected to manage the project and personally fix and remediate PPAs so technical skills are essential. Technical PMs who cannot write and fix complex office based applications will not be suitable for this role.
Principle duties / responsibilities / key objectives:
- Manages the PPA remediation project across over 1500 PPAs
- Manage the PPA requirements, ensuring resources are supplied to support the MoJ business areas in their remediation and testing activities.
- Works closely with the business to ensure their requirements are understood and that their progress is being tracked and they have the right support at the right time
- Provide Hands-On VBA coding support to the MoJ Business units
- Reporting into the application readiness team on progress
- Carefully manage time to manage the delivery of multiple simultaneous projects
Essential Experience Required:
- 3+ years’ experience project management with a focus on application upgrades / development
- Have advanced skills in Microsoft Office tools
- Have proven hands-on experience of developing and supporting applications using Microsoft office, Access and VBA.
- Hands on experience of creating and supporting complex Macros with office application, especially excel.
- Hands on experience of developing and supporting access databases (using all versions of access).
- Have advanced technical skills in Microsoft Office Products and tools.
- Analyse, design, develop, test and deliver quality software products in a complex environment.
- Full lifecycle project management experience (multiple projects)
- Significant experience of managing multiple, occasionally conflicting, priorities and delivering to time, budget and quality
- Experience managing risks and issues and upwards reporting
- Experience engaging with the business to understand their requirements and manage their expectations appropriately.
- Experience of delivering to challenging timelines
- Broad skilled software development professional with deep skills in certain areas such as testing, but also skilled in other areas such as project management, coding and/or analysis.
- Experience with Agile programming techniques such as test driven development, spec by example, Scrum.
- Self-starter, able to work in fast paced agile development environment.
- Have strong communication skills and proven ability in understanding business objectives and providing solutions accordingly.
- Can quickly learn and understand business processes and concepts
Desirable Experience Required:
- Experience of Project management in a large EUCS deployment
- Understanding of the Government and working in the justice system
- Delivering projects in a Central Government Department
- Experience managing multiple third party suppliers
- PRINCE2 Practitioner certification