Freight Forwarding Manager
A Freight Forwarding Manager is required for a leading logistics distribution and supply chain business based in Nottingham.
Our client is a leading freight forwarding business that are looking to expand their team.
As the freight forwarding manager you will be responsible for 20 coordinators, each with a different remit. Covering road, sea and air freight you will have an operation that runs 24/7 and communicates with businesses around the world.
You will also have other responsibilities for teams outside of the Nottingham office, with supervisors in several countries having a reporting line into you.
The opportunity to develop coordinators in your team to be future managers, and to have more responsibility as the team grows is there, if you are able to achieve a high quality and productive service for as many clients as possible.
Typical working hours will be Monday to Friday, 08:00 - 17:00, but flexibility may be required outside of this.
The successful candidate for the Freight Forwarding Manager position will have the following skills and experiences:
- Managed a team of freight forwarders for a minimum of 2 years
- An outstanding man manager and motivator
- Clear management qualifications and achievements demonstrable on CV
- A wealth of knowledge of international logistics
- Have ideally worked as a freight forwarder in the past
- Sound knowledge of customs compliance
- BSc in International logistics is highly desirable
- Experience of road freight
- Experience of air freight
- Multilingual is highly desirable
c. £40k - £50k + excellent benefits