Transport Planning Manager
A Transport Planning Manager is required to launch the transport planning function within the specialist arm of a leading UK business.
Our client is a leading UK business based in Basingstoke.
The Transport Planning Manager will report directly to the General Manager and will be responsible for the Transport Planning Team and the scheduling of the nationwide transportation on behalf of our client. Based at HQ in Basingstoke you will be required to oversee and assist with the effective planning of vehicle routes and load configurations via the use of routing software and manually planning. Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the day-to-day performance of the Transport Planning Team, setting targets and measuring performance, identifying performance gaps and being the first point of contact should a problem arise making communication skills essential.
- Assist with the route planning, providing leadership and support to the team ensuring efficiency and customer expectations are met at all times.
- Responsibility for overall cost, performance, quality and compliance of all routes.
- Ensuring the daily plan is completed and effectively resolve any scheduling problems as they occur, managing all complaints calmly and decisively.
- Involved in the strategic development of the business, identifying and understanding organisational goals.
- Ensuring the fleet of available vehicles are effectively utilised by managing the team to exceed company transport performance targets.
- Maintaining a professional level of communication with internal and external customers, our preferred hauliers, suppliers and other departments within the business.
- Effectively managing the performance of the Transport Planners, clearly communicating business objectives within the workplace.
The successful Transport Planning Manager will live within a commuting distance of Berkshire and be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- A proven track record within a Transport Planning Management role with experience of manually planning routes and a good geographic knowledge of the UK.
- You will be able to work on your own initiative, with significant route optimisation experience, you will be able to work in a pressurised environment effectively prioritising resources to meet set deadlines.
- The ability to manage and encourage change within a challenging new working environment whilst remaining professional and approachable at all times.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential requisites, SAP experience would be preferable and you must be proficient in the use of MS Office.
- Experience of transport planning/scheduling/routing software would be advantageous.
A competitive basic salary and package is on offer for the successful candidate.