Commercial Procurement Officer
Your new role
To deliver a strategic/commercial service to all clients across multiple categories of procurement spend across all clients and contribute significantly to the delivery of allocated commercial projects within the organisation, delivering sustainable cost improvements, and a range of benefits across all clients. Provide key client support and guidance around public sector procurement, EU Regulations and relevant Government Policies. Provide innovative solutions and demonstrate best value. Ensuring value for money is defined and measured in all activities.
What you'll need to succeed
- Procurement knowledge comprising of negotiation skills, knowledge and demonstrated understanding of strategic sourcing methodologies, supplier chain theory; persuading and influencing and interpersonal skills.
- You must have a good knowledge of project management principles and methods e.g. PRINCE2, provide high quality procurement advice, guidance and policy support, have sound understanding of applying EU and public sector procurement regulations.
- Strong negotiation skills, with the ability to demonstrate achievement of outcomes using effective negotiating and influencing.
- Demonstrate an understanding of procurement related technologies and their application (eg. P2P and Sourcing solutions)
- Member or training to be a member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or other recognized procurement qualification would be desirable
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.