Senior Buyer / £30,000 - £32,000 / Workington / Permanent
Your new company
You will join an industry leading manufacturing organisation.
Your new role
You will report into the Purchasing Manager and manage the day to day activities of the MRP purchasing and specifications. The role is in a fast paced manufacturing environment, where demands and schedules are flexible and dynamic ensuring that all production materials are purchased on cost and on time, ensuring no stock outs which disrupt the production schedule, yet also keeping stock holding at the optimum level.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in a purchasing MRP manufacturing role.
- Proven track record of controlling and reducing external spend and stock holding whilst developing a robust supplier base.
- Management and coordination of purchasing activities with relation to cost, delivery and quality performance.
- Ability to take a proactive approach to overcome challenges and achieve results
- A hands on approach to all tasks
- High competency level in the use of Microsoft Office
- Far East purchasing experience - Desired
What you'll get in return
£30,000 - £32,000 salary plus generous holiday and benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.