Senior Transport Planner
1 day left
- Full Time
Our client have created this new role to add another tier to their management structure and so that the in coming candidate can come in and coach the team in accordance to their skills associated with their CPC.
Our client are a leading freight forwarder who are based in Dartford. They are a specialist in domestic and European distribution with a multi-temp fleet.
In the role of Senior Transport Planner:
- Set up traffic pad in line with Drivers rota ensuring accurate allocation of driver to vehicle.
- Book agency drivers to ensure all Company vehicles are fully utilised above sub contractors.
- Plan a collection schedule to maximise load fill whilst considering supplier location and timings.
- Build pallets into loads to maximise trailer load fill.
- Build an efficient traffic plan in the system to cover all loads, maximising the use of company owned vehicles, whilst keeping empty running to a minimum.
- Utilise back load subcontracts where and when required.
- Request required bookings for subsidiary division deliveries as per traffic plan.
- Using the in house systems build the tracking screen in line with the traffic plan.
- Coaching the Transport team
You will have:
- Legal and technical knowledge of LGV operations
- CPC essential
- Outstanding geographical knowledge
- Demonstrate ability to ensure business critical routines are met without fail.
- Able to prioritise in line with Company objectives.
- Able to influence drivers within the operation to achieve business needs
- Lead by example and show commitment to legal, customer, business compliance.
In the role of Senior Transport Planner
£30,000 - £35,000
4 on 4 off