3rd Party Contract & Reseller Manager
Do you have the IT/Technology bid support & contract management expertise to negotiate & implement complex 3rd Party contracts for IT outsourced solutions & bid support, drafting & negotiating contracts including client flow downs to deliver optimum value?
This role will be providing key procurement and sourcing activities on a variety of the Company’s accounts across all SBUs as required predominantly for the UK, but also NEU where necessary in liaison with the local team. The primary activities of this role will be to grow and manage our Reseller pipeline, ensuring that the right paperwork is put into place and that it aligns with our Global strategy for Resale. Additionally, to work as part of the Cloud Infra 3rd party Contract team which will include the ability to negotiate and put in place 3rd party contracts (mainly Software/ Support and Services agreements) and client contract flowdowns, negotiate and implement amendments to T&C’s as appropriate for both new and existing contracts to ensure that risk to the Company is minimised, that optimum value is obtained for the Company and/or its client. Novations in and to the Company, Managing Agent contracts, Paying Agents and RTU’s knowledge will also be required. Additionally focus should be on working with the team to deliver true P&L savings for the Company but also to deliver client benefit in accordance with client contracts.
The role requires strong interpersonal skills as you will be required to liaise and work with all levels of individuals in both client and the Company organisations, locally and globally. Networking and keeping abreast of sales, bids and offerings will be required together with strong stakeholder management.
Proactivity and an ability to be self-sufficient and start/lead projects to deliver cost savings in the most cost effective manner i.e. through price negotiation, changing the way in which support is delivered and other innovative ideas.
A key requirement is an in-depth knowledge of software licensing terms and the ability to draft new license agreements and contract change notes. An awareness of market trends is expected.
Additional requirements include engaging on sourcing and procurement project work involving the purchase of new IT goods and services so a thorough working knowledge of RFP processes is essential.
The role requires flexibility and mobility although it is primarily based in Holborn, London. The role will be fully supported by the wider Company procurement team and regular interaction with fellow procurement team members will take place.
TASKS (indicative not fully comprehensive)
- To assist in driving out Resale from our client accounts
- To report, monitor and manage our Reseller pipeline
- To put in place new 3rd party contracts as required including flowdowns/ups as required
- To negotiate cost savings on existing contracts and ensure the best contract terms are achieved in their renewal To interface and collaborate with Local and Global Category management as appropriate
- To achieve Value for Money and best contractual terms on new project activities, including the drafting and management of RFP processes
- To work within the Contract Management and with Account Vendor Managers as requested to put new contracts/renewals into place
- To provide input to bids as required
- Facilitating Supplier background checks are performed (D&B checks, Gartner Reports, etc.);
- Conducting sourcing, pricing and contract negotiations (in conjunction with the Commercial and Risk Directorate and Legal) procuring compliance to company standard documents and prime contract flow downs;
- Working with central and Global Category leads pricing and discounts with third parties with bid management/account leads;
- Leveraging existing Group/Country Agreements for Ts and Cs and pricing as appropriate;
- Working with Legal to agree third party contract flow-downs and compliance to Prime contract;
- Reviewing all third party contracts Ts and Cs upon new engagement;
- Supporting efforts to secure Teaming Agreements / Heads of Agreement / Intention to Proceed;
- Owning of the third party contract escalating to the Commercial Directors as required;
- Provide responses to any procurement specific questions in RFIs and RFPs.
- Ensuring that Supplier NDAs are in place;
- Facilitating Supplier set-up/modification in GPS;
Essential Skills Required:
Proficient in the understanding in the drafting of complex contractual terms and conditions and sourcing practices.
- Self-starter who is capable of identifying and delivering cost reduction opportunities and driving these to a successful completion.
- A strong Value for Money focus.
- Excellent communication, stakeholder management and interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships with clients, stakeholders and suppliers at all levels.
- Ability to work effectively on your own and as part of multi-disciplined and geographically seperated. teams
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to agree savings with a variety of difficult vendors.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel/Powerpoint
- Understanding of business case production, TCO and basic financial understanding
- Prepared to work flexibly and be mobile as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional, resilient and presentable individual
- Strong administrative skills, enabling management of back office functions and ensuring accuracy of data, maintenance of contract date, and timely reporting.
- Significant contract and deal negotiation experience in the pre and post sales environment
- Either a strong procurement or contract management background
- Strong numeracy and understanding of finances.
- Understanding of key legal and commercial principles
- Experience of the Reseller market place, special bid processes and rebate mechanics
- Knowledge of the wider IT Categories, and market direction
- CIPS qualified.
- Experience in the support of key client accounts and project teams
- Established vendor relationships
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Apply for 3rd Party Contract & Reseller Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- £60,000 - £79,999 Specialist Information Technology jobs in Purchasing, supply (main)
- £60,000 - £79,999 Specialist Information Technology jobs in Buying
- £60,000 - £79,999 Specialist Information Technology jobs in Procurement
- £60,000 - £79,999 Specialist Information Technology jobs in Category management