IT Buyer required for Central Government employer
- Maintains a good understanding of the commercial IT environment, how the organisation sources, deploys and manages external partners and when it is appropriate to use in-house resources.
- Develops and manages contracts with suppliers to meet key performance indicators and agreed targets.
- Maintains a good knowledge of the key contractual clauses and performance requirements for their assigned contracts.
- Is responsible for the liaison between the organisation and designated supplier(s).
- Maintains and develops good working relationships with key stakeholders and customers
- Ensures that supplier performance is properly monitored and regularly reviewed.
- Advises on policy and procedures covering the selection of suppliers, tendering and procurement.
- Is responsible for the management and implementation of supplier improvement actions, plans and programmes.
- Manages, for small complexity projects or services, the delivery of the agreed contractual and procurement strategy
Job Specific Criteria:
- The post holder will need to be MCIPS qualified (Member of Chartered Institute Purchasing and Supply)
- Will have public sector experience and knowledge of OJEU
- The post holder will need to have good interpersonal and communication skills and will need to be able to engage stakeholders across the wider welsh public sector (i.e. local authorities, health, blue light, education and third sector).
- The post holder will also need to be able to engage with approximately 100 ICT Suppliers of various sizes from SME's to large multinationals.
What you will get in return:
- A daily rate of £250 to £300 dependent on experience. This role falls in scope of IR35 regulations.
What you need to do now:
- If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
- If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for IT Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly