A fantastic opportunity to join a leading stockist / distributor based in Leeds as a Depot Supervisor.
Leading Stockist / Distributor Leeds Area
As Depot Supervisor your responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the day to day operation of the Warehouse.
- Has a full understanding of all Warehouse functions and duties carried out by the team.
- Leads and manages the warehouse team focusing on building high performing integrated teams.
- Opens and closes the depot effectively.
- Ensures that the shift is set up correctly to optimise productivity.
- Conducts daily checks of the warehouse including staff on site and warehouse standards.
- Meets daily with supervisors to update on progress and plan the relevant shift.
- Operates the warehouse management system to ensure all orders are picked and monitor all warehouse activity.
- Gives daily feedback to the team on warehouse activity.
- Deals with couriers and ensures that courier orders are fulfilled.
- Controls the management of goods in.
- Produces damage reports weekly.
- Deals with all errors and liaises with other depots on any issues that may affect them.
- Produces loading lists for drivers.
- Communicates and updates supervisors and the depot manager frequently throughout the day.
- Deals with agency drivers and ensures they understand what is expected of them.
- Manages all documentation and paperwork from agency drivers.
- Manages holidays and sickness for the warehouse team.
- Compiles timesheets and wages details each week.
- Implements process improvements in conjunction with the depot manager.
- Constantly seeks ways to continuously improve warehouse processes
- Liaises with departments across the business to inform relevant parties of issues or changes.
- Assists with the recruitment of new team members and assists with their induction program.
To be successful you must be able to demonstrate the following :
- Minimum qualifications to grade C Maths and English, with good computer skills.
- Good leadership and management skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple issues and prioritise effectively.
- Can demonstrate the ability to work on own initiative.
- Good communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Professional and committed to high standards.
- Has worked to stretching quality standards.
- Understands the core processes of warehouse operations.
The successful candidate will be offered a salary of up to £27,000.