Interim Depot Manager
My client, a European leader in the Stockist/Distributor sector has engaged with us to find an Interim Depot Manager for a period of 6 months. The role is for an immediate start so all applicants must be immediately available.
The client is a European stockist/distributor who supplies into a multitude of commercial customers and has a Nationwide footprint. Number 1 across Europe and number 2 worldwide in their particular sector with over 5,000 staff and over 100 distribution centres this opening provides an exciting opportunity to join an ever growing business.
The Interim Depot Manager will oversee a small scale transport biased operation that places a huge importance on people and process management. The primary responsibilities of the role include:
- Managing a team of circa 30 people inclusive of 3 direct management reports and equal split on warehouse and driving staff.
- Interaction and liaising responsibilities with the local sales team to ensure inventory levels are communicated thoroughly.
- Organisation and management of a cross-dock operation for trunking loads to primary customers.
- Reacting to different volumes - determined by the high SKU volumes.
The ideal candidate will have both warehousing and transport experience but will have a strong understanding of transport operations inclusive of vehicle and driver compliance, site health and safety and efficient routing. the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience in running a transport operation with an in-house fleet of at least 10 vehicles.
- A CPC would be ideal but is not essential as the O-license and CPC are held by another area of management.
- Have experience in a unionised environment.
- Demonstrate an ability to be hands-on and get involved across all areas of the depot.
- Be able to remain calm and focused through frustrating circumstances.
- Experienced in motivating staff at all levels.
The client is offering between £150-£180 per day for an Interim Depot Manager with an immediate start.