Interim Category Manager
We have a Public Sector client based in Mansfield looking for 3 Interim Category Managers on a contract that will run until the 23rd December 2017. This role is OUTSIDE IR35 with a maximum day rate on offer of £500.
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
- Devise and agree with the Service Provider the development and maintenance of a comprehensive category plan, prioritising categories based on benefits and savings opportunities, which will lead/ drive the timeline for sourcing initiatives and savings delivery;
- To work collaboratively with the supplier(s) and the wider industry to establish effective measures that support the delivery and continual growth of customer value;
- Ensure the Service Providers budget is managed effectively, challenging operating costs and driving cost down efficiency gains;
- Leads highly complex, detailed contract management negotiations on behalf of the organisation and develops negotiation plans;
- Developing procurement strategies in conjunction with the Service Provider that ensure there is interaction with Customer groups, incorporating the participation of customers in the tender processes.
- Significant category management experience and expertise in a related industry or large organisation.
- Experience of developing and implementing purchasing and services management solutions; and managing major high value categories that requires analysis, comparison, assessment and negotiation.
- Experience of formal presentations to, and working with, a range of stakeholders including senior management, service provider, Department of Health and NHS customers.
- Communication of service-related information to senior managers, staff, external
- Experience of managing highly complex procurement processes and detailed contractual issues
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experienced team manager
- Knowledge of NHS products and categories
- Knowledge of service provider market and wider stakeholder environment.
- Knowledge of the health market would be an advantage.
- Experience of risk management, corporate governance and quality management systems
- Proven Negotiation experience in the Private sector could be an advantage.