IT Category Manager
5 days left
- Full Time
Leadership and team development
* Line manage the IT Category management team and communicate the ambition and role model the desired behaviours of the Consortia Trusts.
* Align all team and individual activities to the work plan and be responsible for overall team performance.
* Provide effective leadership by delegating objectives, clarifying reporting lines and levels of accountability.
* Provide support, guidance and feedback through staff appraisals, 1-2-1 and team meetings.
Lead procurement strategy and operational planning
* Lead the development of the team's annual work plan and develop associated policy.
* Responsible for delivering agreed procurement targets.
* Take responsibility for the purchase of goods and/or services, delivering a portfolio of high value and complex contracts.
* Manage the production of the required deliverables, control and assess risk.
* Make assessments and advise peers and senior managers on "best value" for money rates. For example, National framework/local tender.
* Undertake procurement activities in accordance with EU legislation/commercial/contract law and SFIs.
Act as the client lead
* Lead the procurement process by delivering a portfolio of complex and/or high value contracts.
* Forge relationships and listen to the needs of clients and engage in productive discussions about options.
* Understand current IT Strategies within Consortia organisations and wider Agenda.
* Influence procurement decisions by offering reliable expert advice on commercial and contractual issues from initial scoping through to contract award and contract management.
* Seek new and innovative ways to achieve cash releasing savings.
* Undertake and produce documentation in line with PCR 2015 and Official Journal of European Union rules for clients.
* Provide guidance on purchasing activities and contract management.
* Work closely with user departments to enable clients to produce robust specifications with clear weighting criteria for goods and services.
* Lead tender adjudication and supplier meetings pre-and post-tender.
* Look for new business opportunities and continuously improve the quality of service to clients.
* Attend client base review meetings and follow up on any issues/actions agreed.
* Lead strategic sourcing programmes for the IT categories.
* Lead large procurement projects with clinical and non- clinical colleagues.Research and understand the market to assess risk and trends.
* Provide strategic procurement knowledge across the IT commodity area.
* Continuously seek to introduce new and innovative services within the category.
* Re-evaluate category and contract coverage and capture into the forward budget.
* Lead the contract management process for the IT Division/s
* Implement and monitor contract initiatives and conduct market research to support arguments for change.
* Manage the supplier selection criteria.
* Manage the tender and negotiation exercises in line with regulations and SFIs for each client.
* Create opportunities to leverage suppliers by driving collaborative monitoring / procurement of contracts.
* Ensure client commitment with sourcing plans is compliant over the long term
* Create opportunities to leverage suppliers by driving proactive and collaborative monitoring of contracts.
* Develop and enhance key supplier relationships and explore new business opportunities.
* Ensure continuity of supply.
* Negotiate with suppliers and user departments to ensure optimum value for money and strong partnerships are maintained.
Engage and network
* Engage successfully with clinical/managerial/end users and develop client engagement plans as appropriate
* Use operational networks to raise the profile of procurement and highlight its value
* Take the lead in networking with key current and future suppliers/clinical/professional bodies as required
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for IT Category Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly