Technology Procurement Commercial Managers
5 days left
- Full Time
IT Procurement Commercial Manager
1st Executive are partnering with a number of government departments to support an exciting programme of Procurement Transformation. This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in the development and up-skilling of Government Procurement organisations keen to embed a more commercial approach to the Procurement of IT & Technology services.
The UK Government has recognised a lack of commercial procurement capability, and is investing significantly in a leading edge transformation programme to improve commercial performance. There have been reforms within individual departments, but there is also a cross-government drive to improve commercial Procurement capability.
This role sits within a high profile government department, where the jobholder will play a key role as part of the Procurement leadership team. The jobholder will be expected to drive change and deliver best commercial outcomes across a broad range of IT & Technology Procurement projects.
Key to your success will be the ability to engage and influence a broad range of stakeholders, with the confident to conduct robut/challenging conversations to ensure that business objectives are being met.
- Managing the full 360 Procurement lifecycle, with responsibility for the delivery of large complex procurement projects spanning the breadth of the IT & Technology portfolio.
- Furthermore, the jobholder will also have responsibility for the post-contract performance management of complex contracts (existing and new) with Tier 1 suppliers
- Delivering complex procurement projects in line with policy and with EU procurement legislation
- Support/Guide/challenge senior stakeholders to achieve "best outcome" commercial procurement solutions
- By developing a deep understanding of the supply market, the jobholder will produce procurement strategies collaboratively with commercial teams and the relevant business units to drive commercial success
- Design and deliver commercial procurement strategies which encompass a detailed overview of requirements, solutions, risk, benefits and sustainability
- Lead on negotiations of high value procurement and contracts across the breadth of the IT & Technology portfolio.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive knowledge of IT Procurement including Hardware, Software, Networks, Cloud or Digital
- Experience of leading the development, review, negotiation & execution of complex contracts
- Strategic management of complex and high value contracts with Tier 1, IT & Technology suppliers
- Commercial experience gained within large complex organisations i.e. Matrix "type" structure
- Proven resilience and a high level of political astuteness in managing senior stakeholders
- Knowledge of EU procurement would be advantageous
- Ideally demonstrates some experience gained in a Procurement Transformation environment
- MCIPS or similar recognised qualifications would also be advantageous
Salary £50,000 - £64,000 + Pension
Please apply now to find out more.
Apply for Technology Procurement Commercial Managers
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly