Senior Procurement Officer
6 days left
- Full Time
The Senior Procurement Officer will lead and manage their own portfolio of procurement projects whilst also supporting the Procurement Manager in monitoring and reporting on procurement activities ensuring all procurement is via the most appropriate and economically advantageous route.
The Senior Procurement Officer will also deputise for the Procurement Manager in their absence and for specific projects.
- Relevant detailed knowledge and experience of working in an organisation that carries out significant procurement activity within the Public sector.
- A clear understanding and knowledge of European and Government procurement regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to negotiate, build relationships and influence effectively with colleagues, suppliers and partners
- Experience of working flexibly, on own initiative and creatively in response to identified departmental needs and priorities
- Able to work collaboratively across all departments and partners to manage a complex workload
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills to priorities and set appropriate deadlines
- Customer focused approach
- Experience of leading procurement processes from inception, to tendering and contract management
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (MCIPS) or working towards
My Client is committed to treating everyone fairly, to challenging inequalities and to promoting equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Senior Procurement Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly