IT Category Manager
An opportunity has arisen to join the journey of a huge transformational IT project right in the heart of London as a Category Manager. With this significant procurement revolution under way, this business is looking to develop a strong IT Category Manager to sustain the growth of the project. Working in a team of seven within a fast-paced environment it is critical that the new member of this procurement team has capability to hit the ground running and really make a difference.
Main Responsibilities of the Role:
- Managing Procurement spend across IT services and Infrastructure software and hardware.
- Work closely with the procurement team, senior stakeholders and continuously seek to improve value by building strong and robust relationships.
- Within the category management framework, develop, build and maintain supplier engagement through appraisal, performance monitoring to ensure business objectives are met.
- Proactively develop robust strategies for use within specific categories to deliver breakthrough results.
- At least two years of IT Category Management.
- Solid IT procurement Category experience.
- Contract drafting and negotiation.
- Degree level education (or equivalent) CIPS membership is ideal.
- The communication skills and passion to ensure that procurement is perceived as a positive within a business.
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for IT Category Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly