Do you have proven commercial Contract Management skills & experience combined with the ability to develop excellent supplier relationships & implement best practice to extract maximum value from high profile complex third party outsourced contracts?
Our client, a prominent & highly commercial Public Sector services organisation in London is looking to appoint a number of Contract Managers to deliver best practice commercial contract management across a number of high value high profile strategic third party outsourced contracts. Through Commercial Contract Management you will drive innovation and continuous improvement whilst delivering value for money and managing risk through informed and reliable judgement. The Commercial Contract Management process is complimentary to Operational Contract Management, which deals with day-to-day operational contract performance and delivery matters and ensures the commercial wellbeing of the relationship and its impact on our client’s services.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the organisation achieves value for money and maximises value from spend on third party goods and services while meeting the needs of the Business.
- Ensuring that the third-party arrangements the organisation has in place continue to meet their needs and ensure their services improve to deliver services or meet the needs of the business and users.
- Delivering quality outcomes to meet strategic objectives, driving local performance, delivery and strategy, managing streams of activity and aligning to corporate objectives where relevant.
- Ensuring a high quality service, balancing the needs of customers and stakeholders and be able to adapt and respond to shifting priorities, dealing with complex challenges, engaging with root causes and managing solutions.
- Actively contributing to the management of the whole supply chain portfolio, including the development and implementation of supply chain and supplier relationship strategies.
- Carrying out effective Commercial Contract Management of high value, high profile, strategic contracts.
- Acting as commercial lead, managing one or more ICT / Property or Corporate & Operational Service contracts, ensuring effective stakeholder management, governance, performance management frameworks, escalation, risk management, issues resolution, financial management, change control and compliance.
- Develop and maintain positive commercial relationships with the supply chain to maintain and enhance performance, improve service delivery and create additional value.
- Collating and verifying commercial KPIs covering supplier performance, spend, contract compliance, VFM, risks and opportunities and gather it for reporting at governance level.
- Ensuring the control and delivery of all spend through compliant contracts and make available through catalogues (or as otherwise appropriate) online.
- Help drive innovation in contracts to demonstrate continuous improvement. Continually analyse contracts in order to develop and drive value adding initiatives.
- Commercially astute with good understanding of Contract Law and applied working knowledge of interpreting, managing and enforcing complex service agreements / contracts / frameworks.
- Proven track record and detailed understanding of contract management processes, complex performance management regimes and incentivisation mechanisms.
- Experience in the implementation of Supplier Relationship Management strategies.
- Experience of negotiating and managing large complex contracts, engaging with lawyers and other advisors as required.
- Experience of commercial management and delivery.
- Experience of developing, delivering and implementing contract management plans.
- Have a good understanding of procurement including Public Contract Regulations and standard sourcing methodologies.
- Experience of dealing with complex demand challenges in a complex operational environment.
- Exhibit the ability to effectively communicate and report (verbal and written).
- Possess a relevant higher level qualification or equivalent experience.
- Ideally CIPS/IACCM/Commercial qualification.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Apply for Contract Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly