Category Buyer, Ingredients | Global FMCG | Surrey
As a constituent of the FTSE 250, this global brand has seen unprecedented growth over recent years. As a result, the Procurement function has needed to be agile and dynamic in response. The latest phase of growth has seen the creation of multiple roles spanning a range of category areas and level of seniority as they bolster their team and work toward best in class status.
The vision for the future is aligned to creating and adding value through great category management, sourcing activities and supplier management. 2017/18 promises to be an exciting year with an expansion programme in place, refreshed strategy and function development plan and some big opportunities to make a significant contribution business wide success.
You will be ambitious and dynamic – this will be a step up for you and you’ll need to demonstrate you are hungry to succeed. Ideally, you’ll have some experience of Food/Beverage Procurement and will have demonstrable cost savings achievements in such environments.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Direct responsibility for all Ingredients spend across the group (approx. £15m spend pa).
- Works closely with R&D, Technical and Operations stakeholders to secure value and advantage together with key suppliers
- Helps to establish alternative specifications, supply options and innovation across the materials covered whilst protecting from commodity risk exposure and establishing a sustainable supply chain
- Identifies and implements bottom-line cost savings, as well as introducing company-wide best-practice processes to drive maximum value from operational budgets and supply base.
- Ensures that procurement is embedded as a key consideration within the stakeholder buying decisions and that the supply base accurately reflects the business needs and priorities
Skills and Achievements:
- Experience of managing and/or active participation in large, complex cross-functional change projects
- Strong change management and implementation experience
- Aptitude and / or experience of delivering sustainable and consistent cost saving projects
- Flexibility in influencing skills/styles at all levels of the business
- Strong analytical, planning and organising skills
Please apply asap!
Apply for Category Buyer, Ingredients | Global FMCG | Surrey
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly