Procurement and Commercial Manager
Currently working with a Global Chemical/Petrochemical Business based on the Wirral, who require a Procurement and Commercial Manager for a 12 month project.
Chemical/Petrochemical Business, based on the Wirral, who require a Procurement and Commercial Manager for a 12 month Fixed-Term Contract.
The role of Procurement and Commercial Manager will oversee the following responsibilities:
- Delivery of commercial and contractual activity relating to Engineering Services including the negotiation and management of a number of key projects for the business
Management of Contractor spend up to £50million
Lead all development and implementation of contracting strategies
Work with the Senior Buyers to procure appropriate contracts in line with future requirements
To help ensure that all purchasing and contract management activity is managed against pre-agreed Key Performance Indicators and Incentive Targets
Ensure that all commercial risks are identified and managed accordingly
Maintain up to date contract management strategies, systems, processes and administration, ensure contracts are up to date with respect to variations and amendments
Communicate and manage relationships with all stakeholders and ensure that objectives are delivered
Identify and track savings and benefits following the implementation of strategies and contract management activity
Ideally, the candidate will have the following background:
- Graduate level supported by professional qualifications e.g. MCIPS
- Extensive experience of working in a commercial environment with at least 3 years experience and outstanding evidence of Contract Management.
- Desirable - Experience of working on a Petrochemical site or similar.
- Desirable - Experience of working on similar TA activity.
- Proven experience of contract negotiation skills and exposure to dispute resolution and claims management
- Experience in Lean/Six Sigma techniques with formal qualification or relevant experience.
- Experience of delivering team and contractor performance management models
- Ability to constructively challenge and support key negotiations with supplier's pre and post contract award.
- Excellent numeracy and verbal reasoning skills
- Sound understanding of HSE requirements
- Strong leadership and communication skills with ability to report at a Senior Management level and interact with senior stakeholders within the business and supply chain.
- Clear understanding of bench marking data and its use to demonstrate value for money.
- Candidates that meet all requirements are preferred but to be considered you do not need to meet all requirements.
Competitive day rate.