Specifically for Logistics Category:
Maximise market situation to provide best value service cost.
- Develop a logistic procurement and contribute to supply chain strategies in line with business needs
- Ensure that logistics operations comply with EC, country and company health and safety, and environmental standards
- Manage risk in relation to the supply chain and specifically relating to risk to customer deliveries.
- Bring market knowledge and opportunities to the company
- To ensure accurate details and information held in the logistics interface (or other such system as defined by Imerys)
- To support & interface and work in collaboration with the European Category Managers and Purchasing Teams.
- To provide timely information to the Imerys Sales teams on potential route costings to enable them to price customer business appropriately.
For All sourcing activities (as agreed)
- Total cost reduction (typically between -5 & -10% per year, depending upon category.)
- Contract Management and performance improvement for key contracts/suppliers
- Risk management
- Identification of alternative suppliers
- Negotiate with suppliers
- To actively promote and interface with plant managers and local site buyers to promote the procurement function and best purchasing practise.
- To measure and improve service quality, seeking continuous improvement/efficiencies.
- Maintain professional relationships with suppliers/customers/ colleagues when e.g. negotiating and challenging requirements of the business.
- Operates to the purchasing guidelines including Company’s commitment to environment, health, safety, quality, ethics and sustainable development
- Contribute to the process and provide information for the annual budget and quarterly reviews
- To ensure continuity of operations during absence
- Monitor and analyse the purchases under the roles influence
- Provide market trend data for categories being managed
Applicants must email email@example.com and complete and return the application form they will receive from the automated email as per the instructions.
Interviews will take place week commencing 24th July.
Apply for Senior Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Buyer Production & Operations jobs in Purchasing, supply (main)
- £30,000 - £39,999 Buyer Production & Operations jobs in Contracts
- £30,000 - £39,999 Buyer Production & Operations jobs in Logistics
- £30,000 - £39,999 Buyer Production & Operations jobs in Procurement
- £30,000 - £39,999 Buyer Production & Operations jobs in Supply chain