5 days left
- CIPS Membership
- CIPS member
Our Client is a Public Sector organisation based in the South West of England who manage an overall spend of over £100m currently undertaking a large change programme to deliver positive procurements and commercial outcomes.
Due to the formation of a new Procurement Team the Category Lead will lead and develop/implement complex supply chain strategies to transform our Client’s spend with 3rd parities across high profile Categories to deliver ongoing value for money to drive out sustainable savings. You will bring in-depth market intelligence to influence spend in Categories with a value of over £10m and engage with stakeholders at a variety of levels to support major projects around the transformation initiatives.
You will be responsible for leading/managing procurement activity funded by both Capital and Revenue which include business case development and managing end to end procurements. You will lead on delivery of change within specific Categories and implement best practice to deliver savings, efficiencies and enhanced opportunities. You will manage and develop internal staff to achieve internal objectives and provide guidance/support to other departments when required for specific procurement needs. You will build and maintain relationships both internal and external to help manage spend and to achieve value for money and social value goals.
This is a permanent opportunity, based in the South West, with a salary range of £37 – 41,750.00 on offer.
Successful candidates must have the following experience:
- MCIPS qualified, working towards or equivalent experience/qualifications
- Managerial experience in medium or large complex organisation in either the Public and/or Private Sector
- Proven track record of delivering significant savings and efficiencies across a diverse range of procurement activities
- Experience of managing and/or negotiating goods, services or works contracts for multi-million-pound complex tender activities;
- Experience of delivering Service Improvements and Efficiencies;
- Experience of Lean systems
- Experience in the application of Category Management core principles to develop and deliver a robust Category Plan.
Apply for Category Lead
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Public Sector Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Buying Public Sector Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Contracts Public Sector Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Logistics Public Sector Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Operations Public Sector Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999