Category Manager (Technology/ICT) & (FM, Estates & Business Services)
North of England Commercial Procurement Collaborative (NOE CPC) is based in Sheffield and hosted by Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (LYPFT). Our aim is to deliver best value procurement outcomes for the NHS through collaborative working. A wholly NHS owned organisation NOE CPC brings together a wealth of experience, understanding and knowledge, providing collaborative procurement and commercial solutions to the wider NHS and is one of the leading players in collaborative procurement within the NHS in England.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for 2 x Category Managers join the expanding Category Procurement Team at NOE CPC in the following roles;
1 x Category Manager (FM, Estates & Business Services)
- Reporting to the Senior Category Manager – FM, Estates & Business Services you will be responsible for leading public procurement projects in this major category area to deliver best value outcomes for our NHS customers.
1 x Category Manager (Technology/ICT)
- Reporting to the Senior Category Manager - Technology you will be responsible for leading public procurement projects in this major category area to deliver best value outcomes for our NHS customers.
Both Category Manager roles will be responsible for managing an existing portfolio of framework agreements in their respective category areas and will work to ensure timely delivery of procurement projects against NOE CPC’s workplan in line with our NHS customer requirements. A pro-active focus on delivery of best value outcomes for NHS is essential. Working with the Senior Category Manager you will develop and enhance NOE CPC’s impact in these specific category areas through development of a category management approach including category strategy development and work-planning. Activity will include extensive engagement with NHS and other key stakeholders.
We are looking for highly motivated, enthusiastic individuals wanting to make a positive difference in the NHS. The successful candidate(s) should be able to demonstrate strong personal skills, a sound understanding of public procurement, together with both experience and enthusiasm for the particular category area for which they are applying. They will also be a good communicator, have a strong customer focused ethos, and broad commercial acumen.
As part of the NOE CPC Category Procurement Team you will need to be able to:
- Lead the delivery of complex procurement projects, in line with the Public Contracts Regulations
- Support a category management approach in order to deliver cash releasing savings and sustainable total cost reductions for NHS in this category area.
- Have considerable knowledge and expertise within this specialist category area.
- Have a strong customer focus, commercial acumen and a pro-active approach
- Have a sound approach to contract and supplier management in this category area
- Build excellent working relationships with peers, colleagues, customers and other external stakeholders at both operational and senior levels.
- Have a hands-on approach and a results focused mentality.
This role will work closely with and support the Senior Category Manager(s) and/or Category Manager(s) and will be required to build relationships with senior level and expert stakeholders in this category area, to manage a portfolio of agreements and to support new procurement activity in this field. The role will include extensive engagement with both NHS and supplier organisations in order to ensure procurement solutions are established which genuinely meet and continue to deliver against the needs of the NHS. Skills, experience and a passion for this particular category area are highly desirable although not a necessity.
For a further discussion regarding this role, please contact Steve Sercombe on 0114 339 2032 or 0789 178 3829
The role requires extensive travel to NHS organisations nationally.
**Please note any correspondence following application will be sent via trac.jobs & the Trust's Resourcing Team**
More searches like this
- Contracts Public Sector Manager jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Operations Public Sector Manager jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Procurement Public Sector Manager jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Supply chain Public Sector Manager jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Category management Public Sector Manager jobs in £40,000 - £49,999