Junior Buyer - Entrepreneurial Tech Firm - Oxfordshire or Berkshire - £30,000 - 35,000 + Bonus + Fast-track Promotion opportunities
Due to rapid growth this young Tech firm is seeking an ambitious, commercially-minded Procurement enthusiast to join ranks and deliver a step-change across key categories. Thanks to progressive leadership, Procurement has come a long way over the last four years, but the team still has development areas in their best-in-class journey, so this new position presents a fantastic opportunity to add value and carve a name for oneself en route to 'Category Manager.'
Junior Buyer you will: -
- Proactively sell strategic procurement initiatives to senior stakeholders, positioning procurement more effectively within the organisation and gaining crucial buy-in from Divisional Heads, Sales Directors and the Managing Director
- Work alongside own £ Multi-Million procurement sub-categories and strategic sourcing projects from cradle-to-grave, from gathering stakeholders' requirements to ITT, RFP, RFQ, contract negotiation and award, and supplier relationship management (SRM) phases
- Bring an entrepreneurial spirit to the team, picking up broader commercial responsibilities outside of typical Procurement & Sourcing (e.g. progressing toward P&L ownership and wider commercial management)
- Focus on complex IT & Technology procurement categories across Enterprise Software, IT Services, Consultancy, Telecoms, Hardware, Data Centre & Resale spend areas, managing both leading IT suppliers as well as bespoke and niche vendors
- Report into the Procurement Leader, benefiting from one-to-one coaching to ensure your promotion within 12-18 months, either in the IT Procurement team or another category
Required background: -
- Procurement experience ideal however not a pre-requisite
- Strong candidates will have an impressive track record within your early procurement career to date, progressing from Graduate Buyer to Strong knowledge of procurement process, with strategic (as opposed to just tactical) sourcing experience
- Strong analytical skillset with interest in procurement
- Degree qualified & studying CIPS (preferred though not essential)
If you are a passionate, self-starting procurement professional looking for real responsibility and exposure, this thriving business is promising an exciting career.
To find out more and apply please send your CV to jobsAV@bramwithconsulting.co.uk or directly through this page.
Key skills: procurement, strategic sourcing, category management, negotiation, stakeholder management, supplier relationship management SRM, vendor management, purchasing, buying, indirect, direct, IT, Infrastructure, Hardware, Software, Professional Services, Resale, Oxford, Reading, Basingstoke
Apply for Junior Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly