Director of Procurement
This job has now expired
- Successful development and execution of the Procurement Strategy.
- The provision of strategic procurement advice and professional procurement leadership
- The development, management and delivery of the Procurement Cost Improvement Programme, operational metrics and corporate reporting
- Ensuring compliance with statutory and local policies/standards/procedures throughout the procurement process
- Leading the implementation of a new team structure and build a high performing team to deliver this strategy, developing a best in class procurement and supply chain management function
As the successful Director of Procurement you will be commercially astute and possess demonstrable experience of delivery in leading large scale transformational change, cost reduction, procurement, and inventory management programmes. Key attributes and abilities include:
- A proven ability to influence at Board Level, with excellent negotiating and persuasive skills.
- Effective leadership skills, commanding credibility and respect from a wide group of colleagues and stakeholders. Ultimately, leading on the Non-Pay Cost Improvement Programme, supporting budget holders to achieve targets.
- Expert knowledge of procurement strategy achieved through qualifications (CIPS/ Masters Level management course) and/or industry expertise.
- Excellent knowledge of contract management and financial management.
- Detailed knowledge and application of public sector procurement guidelines, legislation and contract law relating to procurement.
- Knowledge of leading edge procurement and supply practices, and the ability to apply these in practice.
- Substantial senior level experience in a complex programme management, procurement and supply chain environment.
- Proven track record of securing substantial value for money in any sector
- A self starter, target driven
Our clients are two leading London NHS Foundation Hospitals with worldwide reputations for excellence. The Royal Marsden is a world-leading cancer centre specialising in diagnosis, treatment, care, education, and research while Chelsea & Westminster is one of the most outstanding acute teaching hospital Trusts in London. With a combined workforce of over 5000 and over 400,000 patients you would be working within two award winning trusts, with some of the most highly rated individuals within their fields, developing a procurement function to complement the clinical excellence of these organisations.
NHS Band 8D (£65,270 - £80,810) + £6,217 Inner London weighting
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents.
Please quote Michael Page reference when applying Job ref:MPYC13226397
Michael Page International is a world leading recruitment consultancy.