This job is no longer available
- Monitoring and controlling depot costs in line with budgetary constraints.
- Ensuring legislative compliance on the transport operations in relation to the Operator's Licence, vehicle safety, Working Time Directive, Health & Safety, Trading Standards, Environmental Agency, HM Customs & Revenue and other statutory bodies.
- Ensure that safety performance of the region meets the requirements of the Company Health and Safety Policy.
- Monitor deadlines regarding deliveries relating to National Commercial contracts, and individual customers.
- Ensuring management and security of product as well as other depot assets.
- Management of theregional team ensuring effective leadership and development of employees to meet business requirements.
- Improving depot performance standards and implementing best practice initiatives and new technologies.
- To develop and maintain excellent relationships, both externally with customers and internally with depot and head office.
- Strong Leadership, people management and communication skills are essential for this role.
- A track record in area or regional management, gained within a distribution logistics environment.
- Knowledge of Transport Legislation, Health & Safety and Trading Standards.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook Express and Excel. Exposure to distribution software would be advantageous
- CPC qualified
- A proven track record of project management related to technology improvements.
A market leading UK manufacturer and distributor of petrochemical products selling to domestic, wholesale and retail customers. Over 550 employees operating across 30+ sites, they are a major player in the industry.
A competitive package
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents.
Please quote Michael Page reference when applying Job ref:MPYC13230730
Michael Page International is a world leading recruitment consultancy.