This job has now expired
This role will consist of:
Strategic Contract Management: Managingstrategic contracts to ensure that there is appropriate performance management, supplier relationship management, and governance in place in order to deliver tangible financial and service benefits whilst controlling risk.
Commercial Process: Delivering best practice commercial arrangements within the purchasing team. This includes best practice processes, tool kits, systems and supporting systems. This will involve having proper benchmarking arrangements in place to identify best practice
Commercial Project (Support: Providing commercial/procurement professional support within proposed and approved projects.
-Acting as a primary contact point in order to understand the stakeholders business needs and to translate these into the commercial services which need to be provided
- Representing internal stakeholders interests especially in relation to priorities and allocation of resources
- Keeping an overview of the support provided to ensure high customer satisfaction
- Ensuring that day to day operational links between the internal clients and purchasing teams are in place and are operating effectively
- Identify procurement requirements covering the relevant Category(s) within the business in conjunction with the business strategy, taking full account of other categories within the Procurement portfolio.
- Negotiate and obtain agreement to the optimum procurement strategy for the business.
- Drive the procurement strategy to conclusion in a timely and professional manner.
- Work with Business representatives, and other stakeholders, to develop Invitation to tenders and contracts.
- Manage the tendering process in a manner consistent with procurement procedures.
- Ensure that all procurement activities are carried out in an ethical and controlled manner in line with procurement policy and procedures.
- Obtain timely approval for all contracts through professional approval papers demonstrating the added value of effective procurement and record associated savings.
- Experience managing long term maintenance contracts
- Illustrate skills managing multiple high risk contracts
Our client require a Procurement Specialist to Undertake Commercial Strategic planning/ negotiation for the key customer groups in the business adding value to long term contract agreements. Based Nr Doncaster
£22 - £27 p/h upto 24 months
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents.
Please quote Michael Page reference when applying Job ref:MPYC13231776
Michael Page International is a world leading recruitment consultancy.