This job is no longer available
- Lead, motivate and develop a team of team managers ensuring that the highest standards are being achieved in all areas for all staff. This will include performance, disciplinary and absence management.
- Drive improvements in productivity process, quality, stock security and safety
- Ensure that Health, Safety and housekeeping standards are observed at all times. This will include the completion of regular risk assessments, safe systems of work and internal audits
- Ensure that all health and safety training is completed in line with monthly site targets
- Ensure that customer order patterns and lead times are consistently met and that all customer queries are dealt with in full meeting designated turnaround times for each customer.
- Ensure that efficiency levels in all aspects of the warehouse operation are maintained at all times within budget
- Plan and manage daily staffing requirements, using temporary resources where necessary ensuring that hours are used as efficiently as possible to meet the needs of the business
- Produce and report on key performance indicators for warehouse operations
- Ensure that all documentation relating to despatch is completed to the required standard.
- Challenge existing practices in a spirit of continuous improvement
- Graduate calibre and have prior experience of a customer facing role, ideally within an FMCG environment. Highly organised, you are able to work quickly and accurately under time pressure and demonstrate the ability to resolve problems in order to maximise service to your customer. A strong communicator (verbal and written), you have proven experience of building up effective working relationships with internal and external customers. You are proactive in identifying and driving improvements and are able to work on your own initiative. Strong IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office are required and SAP R/3 is preferable.
- Previous experience of managing a large team of individuals within the warehousing and distribution sector.
- Proven People Management skills including team development, performance, conduct and absence management
- Proven experience of capacity planning in line with budgetary constraints
- Strong attention to detail and a meticulous approach to all tasks
- Self driven, results orientated with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality whilst maintaining budget controls.
- A natural forward planner with proven organisational skills
A leading FMCG Brand
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents.
Please quote Michael Page reference when applying Job ref:MPYC13230126
Michael Page International is a world leading recruitment consultancy.