This job is no longer available
- Plan the deliveries of product from plant (or supplier) to local distribution sites and customers.
- Plan the return of empty returnable packaging back through the supply chain.
- Operate as part of a working team of analysts providing an interface between the Supply Chain Centre and operating sites, ensuring their requirements and needs are accommodated.
- Perform medium term tactical analysis of the supply chain to optimise customer service and reduce cost.
- Undertake administration and ad hoc duties to support the office structure and management.
- Identify potential cost reduction/efficiency opportunities to drive a continuous improvement environment and enhance the profitability of the business.
- Supervise 2-4 schedulers on a daily basis and cover their roles in any absents
Sound working knowledge of PC programs to include analysis routines and spreadsheets e.g., Paragon, SAP, VISIT+, Windows
- Sound understanding of core activities undertaken by the production and transport functions at remote sites including appreciation of time related issues.
- Sound understanding of the SLA.
- Sound geographical knowledge of the UK transport infrastructure.
- Understanding and experience of products, commercial procedures
- Influencing skills.
- Team working skills.
- A qualification preferably in IT or logistics, or previous logistics experience with analytical skills.
- Proven track record in managing a team of up to 5 schedulers
A leading chemical business
£30-35K plus package, shift work may be required
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents.
Please quote Michael Page reference when applying Job ref:MPYC13230958
Michael Page International is a world leading recruitment consultancy.