This job is no longer available
A job opportunity has arisen for an Interim IT Category Manager to join a forward thinking public sector organisation. Working between IT and Procurement, you will be responsible for leading the procurement of IT services, software and consultancy.
- Developing a category strategy for IT
- Leading major sourcing initiatives
- Acting as a centre of excellence for IT procurement
- Managing the whole procurement process
- Investigating supply chains in order to optimise business efficiency and deliver maximum value
- Conducting market analysis/ benchmarking
- Continually challenging operational requirements and supplier spend
You will be an experienced procurement professional who can demonstrate:
- Considerable procurement experience within IT, including software and consultancy
- Good knowledge of procurement concepts, processes and techniques, particularly in an IT context
- Public and private sector procurement experience
- Expertise in all facets of commercial contracts, including termination, assignment, dispute resolution and general drafting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven influencing and negotiation skills