This job is no longer available
For a start you'll be providing motivational and inspirational leadership to operations and area managers, helping them develop themselves, their teams and every aspect of their departments. As well as getting the best out of them and helping them deliver more, it will be down to you to resource everything effectively. No small feat in itself as numbers can rise from around 200 to anywhere upwards of 400 staff during the peak season.Designing and implementing process improvements aimed at streamlining activities while driving up performance and quality will be a key aspect of this position. This will give you a real opportunity to shape your area with ideas that could go on to be rolled out across the network.
Whatever you're focused on, it will all be aimed at exceeding productivity goals at the same time as ensuring service excellence.
The ideal candidate will possess: -
- An impressive track record in a high-volume, fast-paced distribution or logistics environment.
- Experience of managing teams involved in multiple areas, together with a real awareness of the kinds of initiatives that drive performance.
- A thorough grasp of Lean techniques and Six Sigma tools.
- The ability to thrive on change and be capable of operating with flexibility and focus. And that will include the flexibility to relocate if necessary.
- Ideally a MastersDegree qualification.
Our client is one of the world's leading e-tailers offering a wide product range with an outstanding reputation for customer service and delivery fulfilment. This is one of the fastest growing companies in the world with a culture that is dynamic and entrepreneurial.
c. £75,000 - £85,000 basic with excellent benefits
Your application will be reviewed by Michael Page. Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised & regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents.
Please quote Michael Page reference when applying Job ref:MPYC13271129
Michael Page is a world leading recruitment consultancy.