This job is no longer available
You will liaise with senior colleagues within the other Logistics functions including Transport, Warehousing, VMU, HR and Finance and negotiate on a local basis with external suppliers and agencies to ensure effective delivery on time and in full.
You will be monitored on a KPI basis on quality, service, finance & budget and people management as well as health and safety, damage and waste.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a proven track record of management of an FTE base in excess of 750 employees in either a single site or regional remit.
- Have held full P&L accountability in excess of £20m.
- Ideally have run a fully composite FMCG facilty (ambient, frozen and chilled) but operations in manufacturing, retail or food service could also be appropriate.
- Ideally be degree qualified and a product of a 3PL or Retail Logistics Graduate Management program, ideally with CPC qualifications with membership or chartered membership of the institute of logistics and transport being preferable.
- Bea dynamic and driven people manager with the ability to engage with and motivate staff at all levels of hierarchy within the business.
- Have outstanding change management skills with some exposure to lean, six sigma or JIT manufacturing principles being advantageous.
- Be extremely health and safety conscious
- Be detail focused with the ability to understand how and why core KPI numbers were achieved and how they can be approved upon.
A market leading FMCG business based in Kent as part of a national network.
A competitive package including Car, Pension, Private Healthcare and Bonus potential.
Your application will be reviewed by Michael Page. Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised & regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents.
Please quote Michael Page reference when applying Job ref:MPYC13276891
Michael Page is a world leading recruitment consultancy.