Divisional Sourcing Director
With a mission to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc, is a global, $11 billion turnover organisation - widely recognised as an employer of choice in its diverse markets with c.39,000 employees committed to serving the world of science.
As a key member of our Microbiology Operations Leadership team, you will have sole responsibility for developing a world class global sourcing strategy and driving its execution against an ambitious annual operating plan. The development of this strategy will draw upon all your procurement expertise and creativity, from cost saving initiatives such as low cost country sourcing to lean sourcing (e.g. supplier rationalisation and reduction in transactions) and supplier management.
Regardless of the strategy you define, it will be your drive and tenacity which will guarantee its execution. As a proven and inspirational leader, you will lead the Sourcing Organisation by example towards functional excellence, driving sourcing savings at a local level by coaching the site sourcing leads, as well as taking ownership for skills development.
To meet the challenges you will need:
• Significant experience in sourcing leadership, as well as effective business partnering skills
• Bachelor’s Degree as well as Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM/ MCIPS) or equivalent experience
• Experience in a continuous improvement/ Lean environment with a track record of strategic sourcing, achieving significant savings year on year
• Solid knowledge and experience working with Low Cost Regional suppliers
• Strong global negotiation and contract management experience
• Proven track record conducting risk assessments and supplier corrective action plans
• Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams in a highly matrixed organisation.
• Excellent communication skills, including negotiation and presentation skills
• To be willing to travel globally on a regular (c 30%) basis.
If you are an experienced Sourcing Leader looking for a high profile position within an environment which will give you the scope and autonomy to make a difference, please apply.