The purpose of the role is to co-ordinate the material, planning and logistics aspects of new model programmes, for a specific range of part numbers, and engineering changes whilst ensuring there is no disruption to the business.
My client is a leading automotive organisation
- Represent MP&L in all launch related meetings, ensuring all relevant parties are informed of any concerns raised and action is taken. Work with the Launch Team to track build status and ensuring the correct parts are available to support the build programme.
- To enforce all change discipline during all running changes to ensure stable BOM, reporting any concerns to the correct department and ensuring permanent corrective action is in place, in a timely manner
- Report out on metrics to show the progress of launch parts into the business.
- Run regular Open to Go meetings to identify issues and remove roadblocks to running and carryover Engineering changes.
- To coordinate production parts issues between MP&L Material Planners and Purchasing to ensure the correct parts are supplied for the correct build phase.
- Degree or Higher diploma qualified or equivalent preferable.
- Experience of managing a New Model Launch in the automotive industry.
- Knowledge of engineering change and Bill of Material structures.
- Good computer skills and reporting competence. Microsoft excel and PowerPoint knowledge essential.
- Analytical skills to set KPIs and measure performance.
- Post holder must be self-starting and confident in own ability to succeed.
- Strong communication and presentation skills at all levels of the company.
- An awareness of Product Creation System / Mission would be an advantage.
- Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy, together with the ability to work accurately and efficiently, taking resourceful action during periods of considerable pressure.
- Must be comfortable engaging at all levels of the organisation.
This role is paying between £18-£23 per hour