Interim Head of Logistics and Planning
Our client is looking for an Interim Head of Logistics and Planning based in Buckinghamshire to manage the planning and execution for the transportation of a fleet specialised in high-end, heavy loads.
My client is an industry leader within the UK managing the transportation of heavy, specialised equipment.
The Interim Head of Logistics and Planning will be managing a Transport team in the day-to-day movement of specialised equipment, catering for a variety of businesses and contracts. The focus of the role is to ensure all of the heavy, specialised equipment arrives not only on time to a variety of locations but in good condition as well. You will be responsible for managing a Driving Manager, specialist Transport Planners and a Logistics and Engineering Manager and liaising with the directorate for the future planning and development of customer relationships, looking to expand the business and drive financial growth forward.
The successful Interim Head of Logistics and Planning will live in a commutable distance of Buckinghamshire and be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- You will have experience of at least 2 years within specialist transportation focused on high-end, heavy loads - relatable industries could be high-end automotive transportation or events logistics.
- You will have planning experience within British/European road haulage.
- You will have reported into Director level.
- Must have had experience managing a team of over 40 people (inclusive of drivers and direct reports) and managing a fleet of over 80 vehicles.
- You will have some experience in managing customer contracts or developing commercial relationships with the aim of gaining new business.
- You will have some experience in managing 3rd party contractors.
The offer is for an Interim Head of Logistics and Planning paying a competitive daily rate and must be able to start immediately.