Category Managers - Packaging, Energy and Contract Manufacturing / Supply Chain
‘Procurement at Dairy Crest is all about creating and adding value through great category management, sourcing activities and supplier management. Our team looks after suppliers across a full range of direct and indirect categories - including vegetable oils, energy, plastic packaging, milk, logistics, CAPEX and Engineering. 2017/18 will be an exciting year for us with new team members, a refreshed strategy and functional development plan and some big opportunities to make a significant contribution to the success of our business’
Chris Thomson, Group Procurement Director
Purpose of Job
- Member of the procurement team with direct responsibility for all 3rd Party Manufacturing, Energy and Packaging spend across the Dairy Crest group (approx. £35m spend pa).
- Leads by example as a key driver of change thinking and project execution, working closely with R&D, Technical and Operations stakeholders to secure value and advantage for Dairy Crest together with our key suppliers.
- Establishes alternative specifications, supply options and innovation across the materials covered whilst protecting Dairy Crest from commodity risk exposure and establishing a sustainable supply chain.
- Identifies and implements significant bottom-line cost savings, as well as introducing company-wide best-practice processes to drive maximum value from operational budgets and supply base. Ensures that procurement is embedded as a key consideration within the stakeholder buying decisions and that the supply base accurately reflects the business needs and priorities.
Nature & Scope of the Job
- Contribute to the development and adoption of key processes and ways of working for the procurement function
- Accountable for creating and achieving through the team cost savings, cash flow improvements, service and quality targets
- Establish credibility among the various stakeholder communities
- Develop strategies across their portfolios and expand their sphere of influence across the stakeholder’s budget
- Drive innovation and champion value-engineering across Cheese, BSO and Functional Ingredients businesses
- Deliver measurable financial and non-financial benefits to the business
- Monitor market prices to ensure accurate price forecasting and risk mitigation.
Knowledge & Experience Required
- Commodity market cost monitoring and risk management / mitigation
- Experience of managing large, complex cross-functional change projects
- Strong change management and implementation experience
- Track record for delivering sustainable and consistent cost saving projects
- Able to demonstrate a track record of engaging key stakeholders in category strategy development and implementation
- Flexibility in influencing skills/styles at all levels of the business
- Ability to demonstrate strategic change in a category role
- Advanced analytical skills
- Proven track record of extracting innovation from the supply base and implementation thereof in the organisation
Recruitment agencies, we appreciate your support however this vacancy will be resourced directly by our in-house recruitment team.
To apply for this position, please click Apply Now to follow through to our website.
More jobs like this
- £50,000 - £59,999 Specialist Manufacturing jobs in Contracts
- £50,000 - £59,999 Specialist Manufacturing jobs in Logistics
- £50,000 - £59,999 Specialist Manufacturing jobs in Operations
- £50,000 - £59,999 Specialist Manufacturing jobs in Procurement
- £50,000 - £59,999 Specialist Manufacturing jobs in Supply chain