Category buyer to develop & manage the sourcing strategy for externally purchased components and services.
Your new company
External global suppliers as well as all areas of the business, in particular, purchasing, engineering & operations.
Your new role
- Creation of a long term sourcing strategy for allocated commodities covering total spend across the 3 businesses.
- Responsible for defining the supply base and rationalising the number of suppliers used to leverage spend and reduce complexity
- Development of robust & productive supplier relationships
- Lead role in management of supplier performance, coordinating SPM meetings to maximise inbound performance across the group
- Development of pricing through tendering & component assessment forms (CAFs)
- Cost avoidance and management of increases via negotiation & benchmarking
- All aspects of cost reduction to meet department targets
- Continuous improvement of the supply base targeting delivery, quality & cost.
- NPI support including the identification of new suppliers, technology and processes
- Coordination of the category strategy with key internal stakeholders; supporting the site buyers in their tactical delivery of the strategy
- Development of & compliance with purchasing processes
- Role may include day to day management of a site buyer
- Any other duties deemed necessary to support the business.
What you'll need to succeed
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong written & verbal communication.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret commercial data
- Organised with ability to accurately record & report on activity
- Fully conversant with M.S. Office particularly, Excel.
- Confident with negotiation and issue resolution.
- Self-motivated with ability to work remotely without direct supervision.
- Ability to liaise and work with internal stakeholders
- Ability to work as part of a nationwide team
- Experience of tendering & procurement processes
- Prepared to travel to suppliers & group locations (Travel expectation approximately of 20 - 25%)
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary of £28-£30k plus benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.