Urgent Procurement Administrator required to start asap for public sector client
Our client is urgently looking for a procurement administrator to join their busy procurement department to deliver a significant and time critical public sector procurement exercise. They are responsible for administering activities that comply with the Public Contract Regulations 2015.
The procurement administrator will be expected to:
- Work at pace, ensuring query message boards are up-to-date
- Evaluate pre-qualification questionnaire answers against set criteria
- Prepare and co-ordinate feedback to suppliers on a large scale (100s)
- Share information with cross-functional teams, meaning experience of handling large volumes of data or information is essential
- Deliver tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Be well organised
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Ensure that robust records are kept of each procurement task and that the appropriate audit trails are in place
Preference will be given to candidates that:
- Can demonstrate advanced Excel skills with experience of handling large volumes of information including validating information and quality assuring information to ensure accuracy
- Hold the diploma in procurement and supply (CIPS Level 4)
- Be able to work Monday to Friday in Coventry
- Have at least 2 years' experience in a procurement role
- Have experience of working with e-procurement tools such as Bravo
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, including mail merges
- Have intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Have experience of working within a team, prioritising activities and completing tasks on time
- Have experience of communicating with customers electronically, ensuring correspondence is professional and meets the expectations of the customer
- Have experience of working in a fast paced environment and have a 'can do' attitude
The contract will commence 18th April 2017- September 2017. Great opportunity to join a busy team where you will be in charge of your own work load.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.