Due to growth of the business and an internal promotion, my client is looking to recruit a Production Planner to join their team based in Sheffield. As the Production Planner you will be expected to contribute and support the target to maintain a fill rate of 98% whilst maintaining inventory targets agreed at corporate level.
Joining my client as a Production Planner means joining one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Unique in what they do with a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped them from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised and ready for the future. With sites all over the world you would become a member of their growing team based in Sheffield. Being a part of their team means living up to their core values, integrity, accountability, respect, speed, stretch, and vision. They thoroughly believe in investing time into their people, the Production Planner role has become available due to an internal promotion and growth of the business.
If you were successful in joining the team based in Sheffield and becoming the Production Planner in this highly reputable business then you will have some of the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for plant fill rate
- Understand plant capacity
- Work closely with Operations team and communicate to Management risk to schedule attainment/service levels
- Create and control production schedule
- Planning of finished goods in six distribution centres.
- Advise on stock availability to customer service team
- Approve promotions on behalf of the plant and plan their production accordingly
- Work closely with the Customer Fulfilment team and provide information on current stock levels, product availability and future availability.
- Liaise with affiliate customers directly, receiving orders, plan those orders into production and arrange for the goods to be shipped directly to the customer
The successful candidate for the role of Production Planner will ideally be SAP / JDA proficient with the confidence to communicate at all levels from shop floor to plant manager and participation in the daily operations meetings. Excellent IT skills are a must with Excel data manipulation & formula creation being a critical part of the role for both plan creation and data analysis. A working knowledge of BOM's (Bills of Material), capacity planning & financial aptitude are desirable.
Below are some of the skills and qualities that the successful candidate will ideally have:
- Must have good understanding of English and Mathematics
- Strong numeracy skills with the ability to analyse data
- Can demonstrate good communication and inter personal skills
- IT Literate with experience of using master data production scheduling systems e.g. JDA, excel, access and the ability to run queries.
- Ability to problem solve and be a quick learner
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Understand the lean principles: replenishment, S1R1, 1 piece flow, kanban
Qualifications and Experience
- Ideally degree qualified
- Previous experience of production scheduling
- Knowledge of products and preferably an understanding of manufacturing processes.
£24,000 - £30,000