Southern Universities Purchasing Consortium (SUPC) is one of the six regional higher education purchasing consortia that operate throughout the UK.
Our mission is to deliver value, through better procurement, to our membership of over one hundred higher and further education institutions.
SUPC aims to build upon its position as the primary higher education procurement partner for its members, through:
- Providing high quality collaborative agreements, covering most commodity areas, which deliver excellent value. Providing professional procurement support, advice and guidance for its members. Helping to shape the national higher education procurement agenda.
SUPC has a 43-year history of delivering trusted collaborative procurement solutions to the higher education sector. We offer a dynamic working environment with the opportunity to fully engage with, and lead on, category management-based procurement while developing diverse networks. Our new team member will benefit from a competitive salary, access to the University of Reading Pension Scheme, and generous holiday entitlement.
Scope of the role:
SUPC is looking for a new Category Manager to join our dynamic team. The new Category Manager will work with members, other sector stakeholders and the supply market to develop and deliver category strategies, to meet users' needs, maximise value for money and deliver sustainable cost savings. This role is responsible for researching assigned category areas to identify new areas for potential framework agreements and develop category and tender strategies. Our new team member will also be responsible for managing a portfolio of framework agreements to ensure that maximum value for money is secured for SUPC members and the wider Higher Education sector.
We’re looking for experienced team-players who are tenacious and excited by the opportunity of working in the HE sector. You’ll also need:
- CIPS accreditation
- Expertise in Stakeholder engagement
- Understanding of key Category Management tools, processes and approaches
- Demonstrable Tendering and Contract Management experience and the ability to drive value from a broad and diverse set of contracts
- Work with members, other sector stakeholders and the supply market to develop category strategies and sourcing plans which will meet users' needs, maximise value for money and deliver sustainable cost savings.
- Consult with stakeholders and review and modify strategies/plans in line with stakeholder feedback.
- Instigate and lead strategy review meetings with appropriate members of SUPC and other stakeholders.
- Prepare and present category reports to stakeholders.
- Gather and analyse management information from a range of sources.
- Develop full tender documentation and manage the tendering process in accordance with EU Directives.
- Manage framework agreements with suppliers and SUPC members to ensure that they continue to deliver maximum value for money and meet agreed key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Research assigned category areas identifying market trends to assist with ongoing contract management and category strategy development.
- Communicate effectively at all times with members of SUPC, as well as members of other consortia and suppliers, as appropriate.
- Undertake and manage supplier negotiations as required.
Find out more and apply for this role:
To learn more about this exciting role, the benefits of working for SUPC please visit the SUPC website. To apply - please see below.
Application deadline is 19 May and Interviews are scheduled for 26 May 2017.