Category Lead (Procurement)
To develop and lead the delivery of market strategies, in adherence with businesses policies and governance process to enable delivery of value through strategic sourcing activities and supplier relationship management.
One of the largest healthcare providers in the United Kingdom are now looking to grow their procurement team due to the redefining of their procurement strategy.
- The Category Lead is responsible for structuring and implementing category strategies for their team's areas of responsibility.
- This role will lead sourcing initiatives, working with stakeholders, providing technical and market expertise, content and value delivery (total cost of ownership), whilst monitoring and reporting risk and issues with suppliers.
- The role requires the individual to ensure the correct supplier selection and qualification process is being undertaken and manage relationships with suppliers using supplier relationship management techniques (including supplier development and measurement).
- Support the development of and maintain category plans identifying areas of opportunity and risk. Maintain a strong working knowledge of the external market for the goods/service provided
- Sourcing and category management expertise
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Experienced negotiator who is proficient in drawing upon and developing fact based negotiation plans
- Demonstrable experience of working closely with internal stakeholders to ensure successful commercial outcomes.
- Good knowledge of contact law; proficient at drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Commercially focused with proven ability of considering total cost of ownership and delivering added value
- Relevant experience working within cross functional/business unit teams to deliver procurement projects
up to £50,000 plus package